Monday, August 3, 2009

Dreaming of the Northwest...

From Collages


Just for about 45 minutes I pretended like I was at Pike's Place in Seattle. Yes, I was dripping sweat -- but I so enjoyed the Farmer's Market I finally found downtown. We tasted new foods, learned all about shrimp, checked out the slim pickin's of produce (we need some serious rain!), met Lulu the one-eyed dog, listed to live guitar music, taught my kids all about fresh and healthy foods. And of course, grabbed some gorgeous flowers for $5.00 -- just like Pike's Place!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Sa-WEET! Next time I'm coming... I could go for flowers. :)

kristen @ just-iced cookies said...

is this in downtown SA? count me in next time too! in the meantime, still praying for rain...it's a miracle anyone can grow ANYTHING :(

brownymama said...

So glad you found one! Every city needs a farmer's market and a children's museum. Hope you hit that next with some good ol A.C.! Your pictures are all gorgeous. Are you taking a photography class or just playing around on the computer a little more?